We have been studying marks of the true Gospel. In yesterday's blog we identified three doctrines that comprise the core of the Gospel: saving faith, Jesus Christ and the Bible. All religions, ideologies and philosophies must be judged in light of how they handle the issues of saving faith, Christ and the Bible.
1. From a preaching series that Dr. Kennedy preached entitled "Truths that Transform". Dr. Kennedy developed an incredible evangelistic tool called "Evangelism Explosion" that was used widely in many churches, including Southern Baptist churches.
2. Catechism of the Catholic Church. page 44.
This is the official doctrinal statement of the Roman Catholic Church. It was produced in 1992, with a revised edition in 2005.
3. Catechism of the Catholic Church. Page 312
4. Catechism of the Catholic Church. Page 311
5. Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
This is the official doctrinal statement of the Southern Baptist Convention. The document is found on the Southern Baptist Website at www.sbc.net A valuable feature on this website is being able to compare the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message to older statements, such as the 1963 and 1925 versions, which are available in a side by side comparison.