1 Corinthians 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.
Discovering your spiritual gifts
Whenever a Christian wants to discover what spiritual graces or gifts God has given them, it is sometimes helpful to take a spiritual gifts test. As you study the Bible's teaching on spiritual gifts, three areas are used by God in developing every Christian: their calling, burdens and opportunities. In this particular test, you will be answering questions pertaining to God's area of your calling. Think of a spiritual gift test as a compass to point you in the right direction. I would encourage the reader to read the next several days of blogs, since today's post is the first leg of the spiritual gift's test - namely the area of your calling.
Directions: At the end of each question circle the numbered response that best reflects how you really feel: 1=Never; 2= Once in a while; 3=Many times; 4= Always.
The Gifts looked for in this test (Look back at yesterday's post for definitions): Missionary, Reformer, Soul winner, Shepherd, Teacher, Leader, Communicator, Exhorter, Hospitality, Helps/Service, Administrator, Encourager, Giver, Mercy, Wisdom, Knowledge, Discerner, Intercessor
YOUR CALLING = “What I’m led or burdened to do” Please circle 1 answer
1. I am burdened to represent Christ to those who have never heard the gospel 1 2 3 4
2. I feel compelled to speak of where God is wanting to move in today’s church and culture 1 2 3 4
3. I am burdened to think of different ways in sharing the gospel 1 2 3 4
4. I am burdened to direct people to God’s word for answers to life’s issues 1 2 3 4
5. I find it a thrill to unpack God’s word for others to explore 1 2 3 4
6. Motivating people towards a set of God’s goals excites me 1 2 3 4
7. I am comfortable explaining complex ideas in simple ways for people to understand 1 2 3 4
8. I am burdened to motivate others to focus on God and not their problems 1 2 3 4
9. I enjoy opening my home up to Bible studies or get-togethers. 1 2 3 4
10. I serve better behind the scenes than out in the public eye 1 2 3 4
11. I enjoy analyzing situations and figuring out who needs to go where 1 2 3 4
12. I desire to pour my soul out to people who need strengthening 1 2 3 4
13. I endeavor to give all I can without hesitation to further the work of the gospel 1 2 3 4
14. Its my mission to befriend those who are in emotional or physical need 1 2 3 4
15. I believe in practical and systematic problem solving before rushing to conclusions 1 2 3 4
16. I desire to use God’s word to give insight into a specific situation or need 1 2 3 4
17. I make it a priority to pray and proceed cautiously before acting in any situation 1 2 3 4
18. I usually will sense the need to pray-for others and to pray for long stretches of time 1 2 3 4