2 Timothy 4:1-2 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
B. How will you plan on starting your Sermon? A story that fits your message?
Interestingly enough, the introduction of the sermon is one of the last things you do before concluding your sermon preparation. Why? Because in sermon preparation, you begin with where you intend to end - namely your conclusion. Just as you plan a trip with the destination among the first parts of the planning, sermon preparation is no different.
-Propositional statement or one sentence summary of your sermon: (1 minute)
-Point 2: (5-10 minutes)
-Point 3? (5-10 minutes)
-Point 4? (5-10 minutes)
-Point 5? (5-10 minutes)
2. Bryan Chapell. Christ Centered Preaching.
3. Charles Ryrie. Ryrie’s Practical Guide to Communicating Bible Doctrine.
4. Mark Dever, Greg Gilbert Preach – Theology Meets Practice.
5. Steven J. Lawson. Famine In the Land.
6. John MacArthur. Preaching-How to Preach Biblically