Matthew 13:1-3a That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea. 2 And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach. 3 And He spoke many things to them in parables....".
Introduction and Review:
Yesterday we considered the first dozen places in the Gospels to find Jesus' parables. This blogger felt it necessary that since we have been looking at Jesus' parables, to actually give scripture references for the reader whose curiosity might be piqued. For today's post and the next couple of days this blogger will be drawing from the resource produced by Holman publishers entitled: "Bible Atlas with Charts and Reconstructions". The reason for this choice is because of its thoroughness and fairly recent date of publication.1 What follows below is a continued listing of a dozen more Jesus' parables, with scripture references, as taken from the just mentioned resource. In all there are 52 parables of Jesus.
1. The lamp. Matt 5:15; Mark 4:21; Lk 8:16, 11:33
2. The dragnet. Matt. 13:47-48
3. The hidden treasure. Matt. 13:44
4. The pearl of great value. Matt 13:45-46
5. The householder. Matt 13:52
6. The marriage. Matt. 9:15; Mark 2:19-20; Luke 5:34-35
7. The patched garment. Matt 9:16; Mark 2:21; Lk 5:36
8. The wine bottles. Matt 9:17; Mark 2:22; Luke 5:37-38
9. The harvest. Matt 9:37; Luke 10:2
10. The opponent. Matt 5:25-26; Luke 12:58-59
11. The insolvent debtors. Matt 18:23-25
12. The good Samartian. Luke 10:30-37
1. Paul H. Wright. "Holman Quicksource: Bible Atlas with Charts and Reconstructions". 2005. Holman Publishers. Pages 322-325.
Post a Comment