Matthew 13:1-3a That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea. 2 And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach. 3 And He spoke many things to them in parables....".
Introduction and Review:
Yesterday we considered another dozen places in the Gospels to find Jesus' parables. This blogger felt it necessary that since we have been looking at Jesus' parables, to actually give scripture references for the reader whose curiosity might be piqued. For today's post and the next couple of days this blogger will be drawing from the resource produced by Holman publishers entitled: "Bible Atlas with Charts and Reconstructions". The reason for this choice is because of its thoroughness and fairly recent date of publication.1 What follows below is a continued listing of a dozen more Jesus' parables, with scripture references, as taken from the just mentioned resource. In all there are 52 parables of Jesus. it is hoped that perhaps the reader will look at one of the below parables to see what Jesus is teaching.
1. The persistent friend. Luke 11:5-8
2. The good shepherd. John 10:1-16
3. The narrow, or locked door. Luke 13:24
4. The two ways. Matt 7:13-14
5. The guests. Luke 14:7-11
6. The marriage supper. Matt 22:2-9; Luke 14:16-24
7. The wedding clothes. Matt 22:10-14
8. The tower. Luke 14:28-30
9. The king going to war. Luke 14:31-32
10. The lost sheep. Matt 18:12-13; Lk 15:4-7
11. The lost coin. Luke 15:8-9
12. The prodigal son. Luke 15:11-32
1. Paul H. Wright. "Holman Quicksource: Bible Atlas with Charts and Reconstructions". 2005. Holman Publishers. Pages 322-325.
Post a Comment