The manner of devotion being advocated by Paul here in Romans 12:10 is a supernatural intensity of loyalty and devotion to someone who may not be part of your family. It goes beyond friendship and acquaintance. How often do we see such expressions of devotion and love among church members in the American church today? Would we be willing to lay down our lives for those in the churches which we attend or preside over as pastors? To whit, this is the type of devotion being commanded here by the Apostle to every Christian.
2. Romans 15:5 "Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus."
3. 1 Corinthians 12:25 "so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another."
4. Galatians 5:13 "For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."
5. Ephesians 4:25 "Therefore, laying aside falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, for we are members of one another."
6. Ephesians 5:2 "and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma."
7. Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves."