1 Corinthians 15:19-20 "If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. 20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep."
1. The resurrection provides the basis for truth, meaning and life's purpose
To begin, the clearest statement found in the Bible on the significance of Christ’s resurrection from the dead is found in 1 Corinthians 15:19-20a “If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most pitied. (20) But now Christ has been raised from the dead…” All Christianity, and life and the entirety of existence rises or falls with this doctrinal and historical reality.
2. The resurrection is the only explanation for the beginnings and spread of Christianity
3. The resurrection of Jesus is the power-source behind the preaching of the Bible
4. Jesus' resurrection is the basis for worship and adoration of God
5. Jesus' resurrection validates the truth of the Bible
6. The resurrection of Jesus is relevant for the power to live the Christian life today
To summarize – Jesus’ resurrection stands as the epicenter of Christian experience, doctrine, history, the present and future hope for all who believe.